A Guide to this Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Beautiful Blueback Bunting!

Buntmania!
For the last couple of years I've been wanting to get some bunting happening in my class room. Secondary to this was finding something to feature on said bunting, and I guess the two finally clicked together this year whilst I was teaching Tim Winton's Blueback to my Year 7 class. 

Last year I did an activity with a Year 7 class where each student created a single card that visually represented one of Blueback's chapters. Prior to this, I had taught them how to summarise chapters and had them colour these summaries with a highlighter so that we would be able to easily find them in their books afterwards. This way, the students could combine their own summary with an image that represents the chapter. It worked well, and the final product looked good - a complete pictorial guide to Blueback, courtesy of the students.

Last year's group
This year I repeated the activity but instead changed the format to large triangles rather than rectangles. Huzzah - bunting!

Putting it in order
Getting there
Putting it all together on a piece of string was a little challenging for me, especially in the 35 degree afternoon heat that had swelled up in my room after a long school day, but I eventually managed to get it all hung up on the wall. 

Done!
I'm pretty happy with it, and the kids were chuffed to see it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment