A Guide to this Blog

Monday, November 14, 2016

Elysium: To Unpathed Waters, Undreamed Shores...



The theme of this year's English Teachers Association Conference was one of exploration and discovery. Coming off the back of the emergence of the completed English Textual Concepts framework and the oncoming new senior English syllabuses, presenters were encouraged to match the rhetoric of the Shakespeare quote "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores".

I had a few ideas for presentations but the one that fit this concept most readily was Elysium, the 2013 Neill Blomkamp science fiction film, which works rather well when paired with George Orwell's Animal Farm in a Preliminary HSC Comparative Study. 

The PowerPoint Presentation on Elysium can be found here:


The majority of the Elysium part of the Comparative Study has been included on this blog with explanations of the resources and programming. These can be found on the links below, with each resource attached at the bottom of each post:

4 comments:

  1. HI Luke, fabulous stuff! What a great effort and so wonderful of you to share, I have been working my way through the links, but two appear to be broken - The Introduction and the language link. Any ideas? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm onto it! Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding work, Luke. Truly, you have done a brilliant job. Thank you for all the resources shared. I cannot wait to use them. Good man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anthony! I really appreciated the inspiration you and Emily gave me.

    ReplyDelete