A Guide to this Blog

Monday, September 2, 2019

Advanced English: Infographics

My Year 12 Advanced English class is currently quite deep into 'revision mode'. Naturally, the students want to prepare as best they can for the upcoming HSC exams and, naturally, I want them to do this by writing as many practice responses to essay questions as possible. We're currently meeting about halfway on this and, in the spirit of preparation, I hoped to provide a useful overview that summarised some of the key concerns of the modules and the prescribed texts. 

Below you will find some graphic organisers for Common Module - Texts and Human Experiences: Nineteen Eighty-Four and Module A - Textual Conversations: The Tempest & Hag-Seed. As they're hand-drawn they aren't as flash as I'd like them to be but I think (as far as first drafts go) that they'll do the job. Apologies for the font on the Module A one - I was experimenting and I guess I won't be using that particular font again!

Download full size Nineteen Eighty-Four
Download full size The Tempest & Hag-Seed



I'm thinking I'll get the students to have a go at looking at their Craft of Writing texts in this fashion as part of their revision too.

1 comment:

  1. I have been and am really impressed with your approach to student learning.

    ReplyDelete